Ive taken a pretty distinct step away from many people in my life as of recent. Though i'm usually a fleeting figure in most people lives, Ive actually make an effort to step away this time. Though the details of each instance are all different I just dont see myself as a constant figure in many peoples lives except for a marked few, who I know refuse to let me go even if I tried....I call them friends.
Part of the reason I decided to step away from many relationships, both platonic and romantic is to focus on me...school, work and just ME. I really hold myself to a high standard and dont feel like myself unless they are met. I dont see myself dating which has caused a few sad faces within the past year, but its for everyones own good. Im not here to waste anyones time, so when I do date I want to make sure bringing alot to the table. That is my own insecurity...Ive been told that with regard to relationships i seem to have it "together", and "it seems a bit intimidating". I understand women are idealistic and would certainly accept a guy who was down on his luck, though im not "that guy", my point is im sure im a good catch for someone at the moment, but personally, I wouldnt even have the confidence to make any moves..
No comments:
Post a Comment