Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Today

As I sat here at work NOT working, just thinking about randomness, I realized that I'M A SENIOR!!!!!...my college experience is almost over! Just looking back at the past 3 years have been great honestly... Eventhough ive spent most of it complaining. Ive REALLY learned alot about myself, and that, you can't learn in a book. College is def more than classes and the degree, its about introspection and pushing yourself. Setting a goal and accomplishing it, proving to the work, that im capable of coping with all the BS you can throw at me.

Other than classes, ive learned to keep my friends CLOSE, and leave everyone else alone. I was never really THAT guy trying to be cool with everyone, but I just realized that through first hand experience that people are wack as hell if you really pay attention. For more reasons that one, ive come to the conclusion that Im not here to impress everyone else. I have my circle and i really do care what anyone else thinks. Most college interactions are fake, people who just want to up there facebook numbers and look cool in public by sayin "hold on let me go say hey to____". But thats life...people are characters...

I also learned that I am alot more capable that i imagined...just relfecting on those nights where i thought "fuck! how am I gonna get this done" or "dam this test will kill me"...well...im here...with basically 1 semester left and another of just cruising.
Life is not a straight line, life is not about an outcome, Life is truly about the journey...as cliche as that sounded, its so true. Life throws all kinds of twists and turns at you. had to change my major after not passing the same class..TWICE. It caused me to do some introspection and decide what I really wanted to do...and thatw as teach...I realized that a degree in business, was really just fulfilling my want for money, not my need to make a difference in the world. Im thankful for this conclusion.

Life is filled with choices, MANY MANY MANY choices, despite what the crowd is doing, I know what is Carrington, I know who I am, and I know who Im NOT...

College is def an experience that Im glad i got to exerience, as much as I hated it. And if i could do it again I would have gone FARTHER from home, but i suppose 8 hours is fine...

Florida State University Class of Spring 2011'

No comments:

Post a Comment