Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thought 5/15

Im weird I admit it
I believe that over time the words "weird" and "normal" have changed.

bypassing a potential rant at the moment, I am weird because i am a male who admits weakness, and finds strength in Christ to counter act my fears. I am seeking higher education, which is more than i can say for alot of people.

I just believe that i am no where near normal becauss i have not fallen victim to society's ever lowering bar. Remember when females were actually feminine; shy, had values and wanted guys to treat them right?. Remember when men wanted to be providers and make a good impression on the world? When we were little girls wanted to be nurses, veternarians, and housewives. Men wanted to be Cops, sports figures or the president. When did we lower our expectations? When did we lose our childhood dreams and values.

When inadequacy becomes the norm, people like me become weird.
When society ceases to hold people accountable, the metaphorical bar becomes lower
When he proverbial bar is lowered in regards to standards society loses...

Fuck society and their norms in all honesty. Hold strong to morals and values. Dont settle for what is seen as the norm. Individuality is key. Misery loves company, and inadquacy is the easy thing to fall victim to. YOU should know that the path less traveled is that way for a reason. The hardest things to do are usually the only things worth actually doing.

I didnt think this would become a rant but it did, and im not sorry for it....

1 comment:

  1. Out of all honesty, I read everything you post, and every time I am blown away, moved, or inspired by you. I never really know what to say so I never comment, after all, you're not writing for me to read.

    In the midst of our society I suppose you are weird but that's okay because there are more like you. I would say I'm one of those people but I have yet to figure out who I am.


    I just wanted to let you know that you're an amazing individual and I appreciate all of your comments and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete