Sunday, February 7, 2010
Erykah Badu- Bag Lady
Regardless of gender, why is it so hard to get over things? Why must we project our emotions onto others? Our past surely affects our present state, but if your present state is one of "closed mindedness" and anger, your present state will continue to be the same, or maybe even get worse. Living a stagnant life based on past emotions hindering present success in all facets of life. It's definately a form of self handicapping. Why must we make our worse enemy ourselves? Sure youve been hurt....but havent we all? Ofcourse youve faced defeat or negativity, but thats life. The duality of life is success verses failure. I may be writing this due to recent events in my personal life, but I believe the topic of holding on to the negative aspects of your past affects more than what we percieve on the surface. Everyday is a new day. Why hold onto yesterdays problems when todays troubles are certainly enough? We are trained to be logical; "what has happened before, will porbably happen again"....that logical, I will admit. Logic is the downfall of the educated man. Relying too heavily on tradition, lacking innovation, lacking creativity, lacking individual thought. I am definately guilty of saying "...thats just how it's done". But I digress, you must live life. You must reevaluate things, remembering the past as you remain open minded as every day is new, every person is different, and every situation is unique. Differently put, it is human nature to hold an opinion, but opinions are not dogma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is my song. I love this woman.
ReplyDelete